Monday, October 17, 2005

Oct 17, 2005

I started blogging just for time pass or to add more truth, to prevent my heavy eyelids to fall. I will not even mention it as my hobby as I dont even remember that I do blog. To speak in computer parlance, this blogging processes only comes into existence when there is a sufficient environment and all other processes are sleeping. This had been one of the reasons for me being irregular.

I was asked by my husband on why am I not blogging these days as he was expecting a bountiful of blogs during this vacation period of mine. He was citing that Filbert had blogged, even when he lost his laptop, that is what is commitment !!

Yes, I understood that what I lacked is the commitment. Very much unlike me ;-)) !!

To say the truth, I was more than satisfied to read others blogs instead of penning mine. Today I thought that I shall break my dormancy and come out of the shell.

I noticed that many of the blogs including mine (please note I mostly read those by tamilians as I identify myself in their thoughts) harp on cinema. I have seen a couple of them on politics too, but you know very well that politics and cinedom are intertwined to the core in TN.

Just name a holiday, the first thing we look forward is the string of programs hosted in TV. Now that the media is soaked in cinema, Not even one of the programs speak out the importance of the day. I even used to feel that all our senses are numbed out as we are not given the variety. We are forced to see only one thing - the pinnacle of services rendered by the artistes in kollywood. Our tastes are literally guillotined.

One of my relatives is a volunteer in Cancer Institute. He is one of the men who has inspired me to set the goals in my life. He was mentioning that how that Dr.Shantha of Cancer Institute, who was awarded the magsaysay award, wasn't given the due attention. It is really true, when mails swarmed around the world with the photographs of a film star's daughter's wedding. We dont even bother to share some revering news like that of Dr.Shantha's, which should make every Indian proud !!

Better late than never !! Let me conclude this blog with this link to know more about Dr.Shantha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vidhya Rajesh said...

Hey! Lazy goose.
Now what excuse do you have not to blog... you have all the time in the world.
Write some interesting stuff about your experiences as a total "Housewife" na??

17 November, 2005 12:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home