Friday, February 10, 2006

Feb 09, 2006

"Madam , Soappu vangareengala, agarbathi kooda irukku"


WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR


Atlast, I broke the shackles of my laziness and de-rusted my phalanges to type a few lines in our blog. I have never raked up serious issues in my blog. I dont know for sure if the ensuing lines, really have some gravity in it.

Few months ago, My hubby and I met a couple in the Department store. They gave a friendly smile. This was followed by the exchange of cliched lines of intro. We shared our phone number too. I dont know if we pursued a bit further, b'cos the guy worked in my ex-company or the tamil-tamil bondings.

The incident was completely erased off my memory, but a phone call from the lady, prolonged the acquaintance. This was followed by their friendly visit and a formal invite to their home as well. My hubby was sure that they are into marketing. Hence from the first phone call, we were also keen on not making it a closer-to-heart relationship. We were trying to find if they were into marketing, but we could noy find any hints. We obliged to their invite and went to their home. At the end of the conversation, we could feel the marketing pulse. Hence we were not interested in pursuing the relationship further. We declined their offer asking us to attend a presentation on using "E-COMMERCE FOR HEALTH AND AWARENESS".

I know about, one such marketing company in India - Amway or Ambway (however it is spelt). During my college days, One of my friends wanted me to join the group or atleast buy its products. I neither had the interest nor the money to heed to her request.

Well, the whole point of me mentioning the above is,
- Why do marketing people use the same startegy?
- Why are they so disinclined to reveal that they are into marketing in the first place?
- Why, like managers, they speak though ambiguous yet flamboyant terms like e-commerce, health, e-business, integration into domestic life, quick-success etc? I am sure half of them dont know the meaning of it.
- Who provides the momentum to such people ?
- Why do common people try to avoid them ?

Please let me know, if you have answers to the questions

2 Comments:

Blogger Venu Nemani said...

Ms. Subha,
You atleast vaguely knew that the guy who approached you. I had three such encounters in my life with total strangers who approached me about this business. One just said hello and was acting as though she knew me from somewhere, another was trying to build a conversation with the information I was providing him at that time and the third guy approached me in book store soliciting my opinion on a business model. Now think of that...

22 February, 2006 01:33  
Blogger Filbert said...

Subha, I guess the answer to your first question. It works. No matter how many of folks like us reject them, I guess there are people who fall prey to them through such advances. Hence they keep treading the same path.

As commented above, I too have had complete strangers approach me regarding this, atleast twice.

15 March, 2006 02:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home