Saturday, April 01, 2006

Mar 31, 2006


I wont call myself a film fanatic or even a fan but the tinsel world news really attracts me. I had been constantly berated by my mother for paying more attention to the Cinema rather than academics. The chidings are usually marked with the words that had I paid the same or atleast half the attention of what I do to cinema, towards studies, I would have done better in this life. ok...ok..no repentance !!

The blog world really brought to my notice the number of people who share similar interest in movies. But lately, I am finding it really difficult to sit and watch a scrappy movie. When in college and school, there have been times when I have not missed the sloppy movies shown in DD, inspite of the series of advertisements. Nowadays, I am hardly able to sit for more than 10 minutes, if the movie is bad. The hindi movies are also no exception, I find most of them to be highly unendurable.

I realised my intolerance towards bad movies with Sivakasi. My goodness, what a scrap it is!! I just could not hold myself for more than 20 minutes. I was awestruck when my friend told me that the second half was bearable than the first one. I asked her on how she was able to sit thru', as I know she is more irked by such movies.

The latest in the list is Thambi. My god !! I promised Srini that I will not complain and shall undergo the ordeal. But after 10 minutes, I issued an ultimatum that if Madhavan is going to roll his eyes again or shriek or indulge in a fight within the next 15 minutes for more than 3 times, then I am done with this scrap !! God had the grace on me, I could turn the ultimatum into action !!

Is it the falling standards of Kollywood or am I growing older???

1 Comments:

Blogger Vidhya Rajesh said...

GOD! I was shocked when i opened the comment window to leave a comment. Just now I read your blog about marketing strategy and what do I see in your comment box. ha ha
Guess the person left the comment on a wrong blog :)
You are absolutely right about the movies being made these days. It is probably half a year, since i even bothered to look at what is being made in kollywood.
I venture at times , even after having been scalded, into the folds of bollywood - only to be utterly disgusted at myself for such an attempt.
BTW hows you doing? Mail or call sometime ...

03 May, 2006 23:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home